Introduction to Quantum Computing
- Authors: Kent Bonsma-Fisher
- Research field: Physics / Quantum Information
- Lesson topic: Introduction to quantum computing
- Lesson content URL: https://github.com/UofTCoders/studyGroup/tree/gh-pages/lessons/misc/quantum-computing
- Lesson video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR4mZqZJyCs&
This is a beginner level introduction to quantum computing. It assumes some knowledge of vectors and matrices.
We go over the matrix algebra for qubits, some examples of quantum gates acting on them, and simulate them in Python.
Then we go through Grover’s search algorithm in Python and try it out on the IBM quantum experience machine.
See the notebooks in the linked folder and QuantumComputing_UofTcoders.pdf for the slides.